- Boot the system using ISO
- Start Recovery Options from bootable drive.
- Open Command Prompt from recovery options.
- Browse to c:\windows\winsxs
- Rename pending.xml using command - ren pending.xml pending-xml.old
- Browse to c:\windows
- Rename Software Distribution Folder using command - ren SoftwareDistribution SoftwareDistributionOLD
- Reboot the OS.
- After reboot, OS should load normally.
Here is the fix to "updates were not configured correctly. reverting changes. do not turn off your computer"
The system keeps on rebooting after this message. And below are the steps to fix this ;